Thursday 3 June 2010

Spring has come.... at last!

I´m sorry for having been absent for such a long time, but things have been crazy around here for a while... Thank you all again for the good wishes for my old cat Frasse, but sadly he didn´t make it and had to be put to sleep.

But on a more merry note, spring has finally come and the garden is beautiful right now, so I used the blossoming fruit trees as a backdrop for some new shawls:


Here some more photos of our spring garden, taken a couple of weeks ago. This is our beautiful old beechtree with a flowerbed with lady´s mantle and roses in the foreground:


And here a peek into the vegetable garden with the greenhouse:


I´m happy to tell that my train carriage arrived a couple of weeks ago and was sound and safe put into place between the horse paddock and the beech hedge. It´s going to house my summershop and gallery, has direct access from the street and I´m sooooo looking forward to move in with my stuff - but there still is some work ahead before I can do so ;-)


The proud owner in front of her "new" vintage train carriage!


Along with the train carriage came a nest with 5 young blackbirds.... unfortunately without their parents.... we started to feed them with earthworms immediately after we had discovered them, but the next morning they had left the nest. We found one dead on the ground that hadn´t survived the jump, one in the nearby rapeseed field and another one in the shrubbery nearby the train carriage, the other ones we couldn´t find. We took the two birdies in, but the one we found in the shrubbery died later the same day. The other one is strong and healthy and we have nursed him for two weeks now, so he is rather tame:


We take him out in the garden every day so he has the possibility to train his flying abilities, and he takes a round or two and then comes back to us.... very cute. He has started to look after worms and insects himself when being outside, so he is soon ready to be released into freedom. Here he came back from one of his rounds to sit on my knee:


I even did a couple of exhibitions and markeds, the exhibition in Germany was great fun and I´m going to tell more about it next time and show some pictures. Last weekend I did a garden festival, and although the setting was beautiful and everything was well organized, it was disappointing...


The first day it was so windy that my little tent was almost blown away, my shelves and rack for my shawls fell over many times and I spent most of my time either chasing my stuff because it had been blown away or collect it from the ground.... The next day it was raining (heavily raining!!) all day, so there weren´t too many visitors. My stall looked good I think, I had really made an effort to create the right atmosphere:


A big problem apart from the weather conditions was the fact that most of the visitors were simply not my target group, the audience was slightly older and I didn´t even break even (the costs for a stall were rather high), so I spent two days in wind and rain and cold for nothing...
But you have to try things, and soon I´ll open my summershop for the summer season which I´m really excited about!

This post is linked to the creative space group, and if you want to explore other Bloggers creative spaces please go to Kootoyos blog!

Hope you´re all well and enjoying springtime!

11 comments:

  1. hej!
    your wagon looks terribly exciting!
    and what a beautiful garden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kirsten,
    I'm so sorry to hear about little Frasse :{ But looks like you have lots of wonderful things in the works--your garden looks beautiful, and the train carriage looks great--can't wait to see what you do with the inside! And the little black bird is adorable--I love the way he perches on your knee! Too bad about the art show--but you never know, if people took your business cards, they might come to your Etsy shop later on.

    Nice to hear from you!
    xo,
    Ivy

    ReplyDelete
  3. der arme kater...es schmerzt sehr, wenn man ein geliebtes tier verliert...
    euer garten ist soooo traumhaft...und der wagen ein wahnsinn ;)
    und toll siehst du aus...ich war letztes jahr auf einem markt in berlin, es war nur trostlos, ich habe 3 teile verkauft...der spaß ist mir an märkten vergangen...
    das mit deiner schneiderpuppe tut mir leid,
    aber man muß es wohl unter der kategorie *lehrgeld bezahlen* abtun, ich werde vielleicht über die nähmaschinen werkstatt eine alte maschnine kaufen, aber die ist nicht soooo hübsch wie die lilane, mal schaun, ob er sie hinkriegt...mein kluger sohn meinte von anfang an, ich solle es lassen und lieber in ein geschäft gehen...tja...nochmal passiert mir das hoffentlich nicht...
    und...jetzt bin ich aufgeregt und freue mich schon auf die post ;)
    ganz liebe grüße
    sylvie
    (und genieße noch die traumhafte apfelblüte, bei uns herrscht wieder grün vor im garten!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh sooo sad about Frasse! I am sending you virtual hugs. and a baby bird to love too! so busy you are! and you are right, try the venues and what works we keep and what doesn't we reject! would love to visit your shop!! xoxox cat

    ReplyDelete
  5. The new carriage is fantastic Kirsten; I can't wait to see what you do with it. Hope times are better for you now. I'll speak to you soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What alovely post hun...your garden looks gorgeous!
    Not good news about your fair tho'....I do feel for you as I'm trying all avenues to get my little business going and like you have stood in fairs etc where the market is just not the right one...keep smiling tho' hun that's my motto.
    Your goodies are gorgeous.

    Hugs
    Karen x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I'm sorry your stall was battered, put it down to experience, maybe do a little research before going to another one?
    I'm enjoying wearing your brooches and corsage, I get lots of lovely comments about the organdie one. I love wearing it, it makes me feel very femminine.
    I would love to be able to have a railway carriage as a studio and gallery, what fun!
    I hope it is very successful for you! Do post some pics.

    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry about your kitty. :(
    I Love the train carriage. Oh the stories I could write if that were my office. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with your summer shop - the garden looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Im sorry to hear about Frasse. I send you alot of love. That beechtree is fantastic, I love old trees. And your train carriage will be amazing. As always I love your beuatiful work

    ReplyDelete
  11. dear Kirsten I am also very sorry to hear about your Frasse .... It is hard to lose a friend
    but then ..... you saved a 'new' friend . I think it is so wonderful that you are helping this little baby bird . He is very sweet , it must make you feel good that you saved him
    and I feel bad about your show > that happens ! An art show is always a gamble .... you never know ! We always have to keep trying !
    so good for you
    Your garden looks beautiful
    have a happy week

    ReplyDelete