Thursday 10 December 2009

My Creative Space.....

My creative space this week is not so much about my work but more about decorating the house for Christmas, because I finally got around to making some nice little Christmas decorations.
I have decided to abandon the classic Advent-wreath this year and instead use some nice trays to display my favourite Christmas items. Here you see the decoration on our dining table, I have used a vintage Russian tray and filled it with nostalgic baubles, golden deers, a hyacinth in a beautiful porcelain cup (Marco Friis of course), a cone in a little vase and candles.


A little close-up of the deers, I love them - they have just the right kitschy appeal!


Over the dining table we have a vintage chandelier and obviously it needed to be decorated, too! Opulent baubles and a little colourful Christmas owl! I have bought lots of these owls in different colours as they are going to adorn our Christmas tree this year, together with vintage American baubles and crocheted flowers (which I still have to make..... lol).



This is the decoration on our coffee table. Baubles, another hyacinth, a nice glass with a tealight and a little Christmas tree made by an English artist who turns scrap metal into sculptures and small pieces of art. I was given to me by my friend Tracy and I´m looking forward every Christmas to get it out of the cupboard and use it in a decoration. I´m sorry that the picture is so dark but the weather is awful again - no chance to get a decent picture!


To see what other bloggers are working on in their creative spaces visit Kootoyos blog .


And then... slightly delayed... I want to announce the winner of the last give-away! The beautiful mother of pearl ring goes to...


Congratulations Sandy! And I´m happy she won as she is such a lovely person and makes the sweetest things! I bought this pillow of her recently, it is based on one of her drawings and features all kinds of vintage materials such as lace, buttons, trims and doily snippets. The cat in the little dress reminds me of my own cat Frasse, and I smile every time I look at it. Along with the pillow she sent a lovely bookmark and two postcards.


Please visit her Etsy shop and take a look at all the nice things she has for sale.

The next two give-aways are first taking place after Christmas as I´m simply too busy right now to keep on top of it all ;-)

Last thing I want to show you are these colourful brooches I made a while ago and which I´m going to list in my Etsy shop later this evening!


See you next thursday when I´m going to tell you more about the Christmas market I attended last weekend.

17 comments:

  1. Oh, it all looks so beautiful. I love the chandelier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Holiday decorating, Kirsten! I love all the hints of purple and magenta with the silver and gold...and the new brooches look lovely :)
    Take care,
    Ivy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your creative space is so inviting and feminine. I believe it is essential to have your little "altar" of meaningful objects next to you. Have a beautiful, blessed, Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there! I love the way that candlelight bounces & plays off glitter & glass & lustreware!Trays of jewel colours & treasures...just divine! And I'm a collector of owls-just adore them!
    Your Christmas Card is ready to pick up when you next visit my blog sweety.
    Happy Christmastime!
    Rainey

    ReplyDelete
  5. THANK YOU Kirsten
    I am so happy .
    and everything looks beautiful in your home for Christmas , I wish I could come to your house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely deco for your house!!
    Broches are soo cute and the link to Sandy as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. *sigh*

    Everything is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for your sweet comments! And make sure to enjoy Christmastime!

    ReplyDelete
  9. your deers and the chandelier are beautifuls:!! i also love the picture with the candle light!! beautiful atmosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  10. great chandelier
    dallas
    http://dillydallas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. huch ist bei dir viel passiert!
    ich scheine dich irgendwie falsch verlinkt zu haben, weil immer der sommer.post als letztes kam....hm....
    schicke dir liebe grüße
    sylvie
    (hach, und ich bin begeistert von deine weihnachtsdeko!!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like it a lot and I also have some stuff made by my hand at my home... Thats really one of its interesting..

    r4i firmware

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love what you've done so far on your Christmas decorating. It's very subtle and sophisticated and not too overtly Christmas-y. The glass eggs hanging from the chandelier are divine!

    Stan

    ReplyDelete
  14. MERAVIGLIOSO TUTTO!!! Complimenti e Buon Natale!!!

    ReplyDelete