Thursday 25 March 2010

Spring....

The last couple of days you really could feel spring in the air, so wonderful after this long and cold winter. I didn´t get much done last week, mostly due to my old cat Frasse having been so poorly. But I managed to finish this commissioned doily scarf:


I´m really pleased with the result, it looks gorgeous worn as a shawl as shown in the picture before, or as a scarf:


I really want to thank all of you who left a comment or sent an e-mail wishing my dear old cat Frasse to get better soon, and although we didn´t have much hope it seems to have helped, at least for the time being. He is much better, the blood test showed that there is something wrong with his liverfunction, but he is reacting well to the medication and has started to eat again and actually gained some weight, so we´re rather hopeful. Apparently the next week will be crucial, as his dose of steroids and antibiotics has to be reduced soon and time will show if he can cope with the lower dose, but they´re is quite a chance that he might be around for a while longer, so keep crossing fingers ;-) Here he is, enjoying the spring sun in the conservatory, I took the picture this morning:


I had some great swaps with blog friends lately, yesterday this bunch of gorgeousness arrived from the lovely Cat from La Dolce Vita - lots of fantastic lace, fabric and trims and one of her beautiful artworks, based on a landscape photography:


Already a couple of weeks ago I got a parcel from another blog friend, Alicia from Altered Bits:



I had won the beautiful Frida ATC at her blog give-away and swapped the rhinesone buckle, and she was so nice to add some more nice bits´n bobs! Make sure to check both Cats and Alicias blogs to see more of their fantastic stuff.

Before I go just a couple of spring impressions, the first flowers in the garden, winter aconite and snowdrops, we have them all over the garden:


And a spring wreath for the front door I made from hop and pink organza ribbon:


Enjoy springtime and pop around the other creative spaces, you find them at Kootoyos blog!

14 comments:

  1. Love the scarf, Kirsten--and am so glad to hear that Frasse is on the up and up. Fingers crossed for a full recovery! And all the little parcels you received look lovely--I'm going to do a post about some of the packages I've gotten recently, too :)
    xo,
    Ivy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kirsten!!
    The scarf is so beautiful!! :)
    Marce

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! The scarf is gorgeous and all the swap goodies are so yummy!!!
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kirsten
    Ah that's great that ol' Frasse is on the mend..he looks well & I'm sure you're feeling alot better now because of it!
    I really like your Springtimedingalingaling time wreath petalpie.
    Rainey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh yes! I love the scarf and it's versatility (If that is a word?).
    I am pleased that Frasse is feeling much better, give him some fuss from me and my cats too.
    I have some lace with crowns on and I am sure you would like some, if you email me your address I can send you some, not much, maybe about 30cms as I have more but not a vast amount, I wish I did!
    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Smukt sjal, du har lavet der. Skønt at høre, at Frasse har fået det bedre. Jeg krydser fingre for, at han fortsat får det bedre.

    KH Rikke

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful scarf, I love it! I am so happy to hear that Frasse is feeling better. I send him some more positive energy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The scarf is so beautiful clever you. Best wishes for a healthy and fit Frasse. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. the finished scarf is so pretty ... i like it all wrapped up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. your scarf is very pretty ... VERY pretty
    and I am happy to read that Frasse is feeling a little better !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, beautiful scarf - you are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi beauty! sooo glad that Frasse is responding to the medication and perhaps it will heal itself. I am not in a rush so please take your time! the treasures look lovely and thanks ever for the link!! your new doily shawl scarf is just awesome! I just adore your work!
    I have not been in the garden yet but this weekend will get out and get my hands dirty, I cut forsythia branches yesterday and plopped them in water for Easter. xxx's cat

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is such a gorgeous scarf! Jennifer:)

    ReplyDelete